This is my 'home' and this is where I currently reside. I grew up on the East Coast of Canada - Halifax, Nova Scotia to be specific. I was born and raised there and lived in Halifax until I was 22 years old, which is when I moved to Vancouver. This city has completely stolen my heart and I can't imagine NOT living here. I truly think that I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the entire world, and I'm going to show you why.
We have hundreds - literally hundreds - of beaches, fresh water or salt water - the choice is yours. Want to go swimming in a natural spring? We have those too. We have lots of beaches right on the Pacific Ocean, and lots of beaches in lakes/small ponds. So many places to swim, and so many sandcastles to be built.
You get beautiful views of the mountains, and of the 'downtown' part of the city from some of the beaches in the suburbs. These sandy beaches are miles and miles long, and during hot sunny days they're packed full of people sunbathing, playing volleyball,
getting drunk, having BBQ's, and making sandcastles.
But speaking of the mountains, you can see them from almost ANYWHERE in the city and it's amazing. The sight of them still takes my breath away... every.single.day. Not kidding. People will ask if I get sick of it, or if I get used to seeing the mountains, and my honest answer is no. I see them every morning when I look out our apartment window, and the sight just makes me smile. I gaze at them during my walk to work every morning, and they're just absolutely breathtaking to me.
I can even see the mountains from my office.
Brunch with a view.
Sometimes we have the most BEAUTIFUL sunsets, and it just makes the city even more beautiful.
One thing that I love about Vancouver is that we really believe in Equality and treating everyone with respect, and love. We are big on LGBT Pride celebration, and we have even painted all of the crosswalks of one of our intersections with rainbow colours to celebrate equality.
Here are some other things that really stand out to me about our city:
- Environmentally friendly. We are truly a GREEN city.
- We have amazing temperatures for Canada. You can snowboard and surf in the SAME day.
- We are very culturally diverse and have a lot to offer.
- We have a three large sports teams - Hockey, Football, and Soccer. There's always a game to watch!
- We have a science world (centre), amusement park, aquarium, countless wineries, bars, hiking trails, suspension bridges, huge arenas with countless concerts, and so many more things.
I feel like I'm now making an ad for Tourism Vancouver and reasons why you should visit... and this is totally not where I meant to go with this post. My bad. Whatever. Anyway, just come for a visit, it's amazing and I promise you'll never want to leave.
On your way? See you soon!
Even though we don't like rules, every fun thing in life has them. So here are a few of ours:
1. Please only link up a post if it matches with the day's topic.
2. Make sure you either grab the button code and put it in the HTML portion of your post, or link back to at least one of the hosts.
3. Go make some friends. Comments=Love