Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer summer summer



I freaking love summer. It's my second favourite season because fall/autumn wins (hands down) every time. It's full of BBQ times, late sunset times, and making good memories with great friends. I miss the days of summer vacation from school when you got to have two months away from reality - those were the absolute best times.

Anyway, I'm getting side tracked here... today is all about sharing my favourite things of summer (bucket list if you will). I already have a few great plans for the next month or two and I can't wait to enjoy all of these amazing memories with people.


BBQS with friends - this is a must have of the summer. If your summers don't include a BBQ with friends and a few beers or drinks then your summer plans are lacking some amazingness and you should probably fix that.



Swimming - I mean, I don't really take full advantage of this (as much as I should) but I think every summer should involve swimming.



Road trips - the year that Amanda I got our licenses was the year that our love for road trips, specifically summer time road trips, truly began. If it's a sunny day, we will hop in the car and just drive. Drive and drive and drive. It doesn't matter if we're driving an hour out of the city, or 6 hours out of the city - those mini road trips and day trips are one of my favourite things about the summer.



Patios - this is hands down one of the BEST parts of summer. Drinks on a patio, eating on a patio, having coffee, tea, lemonade - whatever tickles your fancy - on a patio. I would eat every meal and consumer every beverage on a patio over looking the ocean on a sunny day EVERY day if it was possible. This is making my contemplate moving to Hawaii, or something.



Outdoor Activites that are only "summer" based - in Vancouver we have fireworks, festivals, the fair, outdoor movies at night, theatre under the stars (live productions under the stars in Stanley Park). These are all so fun and can ONLY be done between June - September.

While Summer isn't Fall/Autumn, it's still pretty glorious and I'll enjoy every moment of it!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though we don't like rules, every fun thing in life has them. So here are a few of ours:

1. Please only link up a post if it matches with the day's topic.
2. Make sure you either grab the button code and put it in the HTML portion of your post, or link back to at least one of the hosts.
3. Go make some friends. Comments=Love

Allieology







4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Swimming is definitely my favorite part of summer. The beach is life even though some times it's so cold that I lose my breath!

Love your blog Faith, I will be keeping up

♥http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

That BBQ gif is incredible! I love summer, but autumn is pretty awesome!

K @ Keeping Up With K... said...

I'm glad that you love Summer too b/c your two co hosts were making me said with the lack of love for Summer! haha

I think I need to go back to school to become a teacher so I can have two months of summer vacation again!

Allie said...

All of your summer stuff sounds fun, but like it isn't that fun here. Next summer, I'm gonna come live with you and Justin... ok?