Friday, May 10, 2013

#backthatazzup #mothersdayedition


Happy Friday, loves.

I would like to dedicate today to Mother's Day. I love my mamabear and wanted to take some time to ask her a few questions. Here we go...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image00
She's going to kill me for posting this, haha.


Thanks for being such a good sport and agreeing to participate today, mama. <3

1• Am I your favourite child? Okay, trick question - I know that you love me more than you love Christian... but it might be nice to hear you say it.

Well darling - you are definitely my favourite daughter!! No other daughter compares to you. I love you to bits!

Halifax-20120103-00321


2• What was your favourite Mother's Day gift you've ever received? Was it from me or was it from Christian?

hmmmmm - the most useful was the year that you and Christian gave me two small rolling suitcases - Dad and I still use them all the time.
Also, I loved the flowers you gave me one year.
But, my favourite is just having you around to have dinner with - I miss that.


3• How do you feel about the nicknames that I've given you over the years? Which one has been your favourite?

I love my nicknames - they make me feel special and loved - I think Mumbellina is my favourite followed closely by Mamabear and Mumbleberry pie!
Yeah, I come up with some weird nicknames for her...


4• Apart from October 1st, 1988 (the day I was born), what has been the best day of your life?

I would have to say the day I married Dad... Of course October 1st, 1988 and June 11, 1986 come a close second!


5• If you could only eat ONE food for the rest of your life - what would it be?

Steak - or chocolate lol! It would be hard to eat the steak without mushrooms and onions though. Hmmm - maybe on second thought I will have to stick with chocolate. After all, it IS a vegetable!


6• You just won a $20,000,000 lotto jackpot - what's your first purchase?

YAY - I won money!!
My first purchase would be cruise tickets for everyone in the family (it would be a long cruise around the world).

190749_6362845621_1223_n


7• If you had the chance to be 24 again and get a 'do-over', what would you do differently?

I'm not sure I would want a "do-over" but I would maybe pursue a career in counselling. However, I am happy with how things turned out - if I had continued school I wouldn't have met Dad and I wouldn't have the two most wonderful children in the world!


8• What's your best piece of life advice that you'd like to share with the blog-world?

Don't put off things you want to do - spend time with the people you love - cherish each moment of life God gives you and remember to thank Him for it.


9• Will you share a random fact about yourself that nobody (who reads my blog) would know? Bonus points if it's something that I don't know.

You know we don't have any video footage of your birth but we have some great footage of your conception...hahaha!
OMG - mom! You know people who read this blog...

304554_10151127574133890_244728884_n
This is my pay back for that comment...


10• What would be your ideal way to spend Mother's Day?

Surrounded by my children eating steak and chocolate - duh!!


11• Tell me a joke. Not a question, but I am in need of a good laugh!

Knock, knock


13• Describe me in 5 words.

Faith has the most incredible... (oops, ran out of words)
Low blow, mom...


14• Did you even notice that I skipped #12? I bet you just went back to look...

Oh, Faith! Did you think it was April 1st again?
Haha... you caught me


15• Every Friday I link-up with my homegirl, Whitney, for something called #backthatazzupFriday - since you're my guest today, will you please select today's song?



Bennie and the Jets by Elton John on Grooveshark


My musical tastes have always been eclectic. I loved Harry Chapin (his bananas song), Elton John, Chris DeBurgh, Patricia the stripper (LOL), and also Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody)... mama is a little weird!
Does 'mama' talk to herself in third person often?


16• Any final thoughts? Words? Comments? Jokes? Any words of wisdom?

I will leave you with the advice of Dr. Sidney Freedman:
Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice - Pull down your pants and slide on the ice!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I guess that's all she wrote... literally.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you lovely mother's. Also, don't forget to wish your mom a Happy day!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

That is awesome! I may have to steal your idea!

Erin said...

This. Is. Amazing. I'm dying over number nine. What a cute thing to do for Mother's Day. I might have to steal it :)

Stephanie said...

These are so cute!! 9 and 13, too hilarious!

Stephanie said...

Your mom sounds awesome! :)