Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Just Another Day On The Bus



Happy Hump Day!
This post is going to be short and sweet.

As you all know, I always seem to have the most awkward bus experiences. Yesterday was another one of those days. I sat in a two-person seat, and about 2 stops later an older woman boarded the bus and sat beside me. Everything was fine and dandy until this older woman started mumbling to herself. It was fine, I just continued to listen to my music and glance out the window.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A few minutes passed by and I noticed that the woman stopped mumbling and is no longer frantically rummaging through her bag. Weird, but okay. She's just doing her thang. As I'm glancing out the window, I notice her (out of the corner of my eye) staring at me. It's cool, she has sunglasses on, so I just need to convince myself that she's looking out the window and not at me.

However, this thought was short-lived, as I notice the woman slide her sunglasses down her nose and stare at me. I start thinking 'Is there something on my face? Why is she looking at me? Is she trying to talk to me? Yes, that must be it. She wants to say something to me.'. I pull the headphones out of my ears and glance over at her, smiling. Silence. She says nothing, she just stares - a creepy kind of stare. A few moments later she puts her glasses on and looks straight ahead.
Creepiest moment, ever.
I casually put my headphones back in my ears and pretend to listen to my music (I kept it turned off) and sat there... in silence. The woman starts mumbling to herself again, and I can't really make out what she's saying. I think I've somehow offended her by my sheer existence (and sitting beside her on the bus). A few stop later, the woman sitting in front of us gets off the bus. The woman beside me gets up, mumbles something about 'weird', and moves to the seat in front of me.
Excuse me, what? I'm the weird one? Rude.

For the record, almost everyone on the bus kept staring at this woman. So I know that they all knew it was her problem, not mine. Just to, you know, clarify that or something.

I'm opting not to take it personally, or be offended by it, but honestly - I was basically expecting her to kick me in the face or something. Luckily she got off the bus before me, so she has no idea where I live..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I guess after all is said and done, I have to be thankful that I didn't fall yesterday.

4 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

wow thats crazy! lol but kinda funny.. i would of been like wtf did i do?

haha

Unknown said...

My best bus moment ever was when the guy in front of me decided it was time to make out with his invisible girlfriend. But the french kissing was just too much to watch.

I found you through Krystal's Kitsch BlogLovin' Link Up. Happy to be following you now!

Faith B said...

Haha - definitely! I almost wanted to ask her what was up!

Faith B said...

OMG! hahaha that's so awkward. I would've died if I witnessed that.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)