It's not Friday yet, oh no it isn't - but it most definitely is Hump Day. The humpiest (what) of all the days!
So a little while ago, my roommate (Amanda) and I discovered that the boy bands that we listened to as young kids, was really dirty. Lil' Wayne can definitely put out some crazy music and his lyrics are explicit - but, the boy bands were almost as bad. The difference is that the boy bands put 'happy/pop music' behind the dirty lyrics and toned down the language. Don't believe me? Let's take a look at 5 of the most Sexual songs I can think of that I listened to when I was 10.
(These are in no particular order)
- One. Liquid Dreams by O-Town, this song - wow. My friends and I were obsessed with O-Town, I'll be the first to admit that... but this song is so, let's just say, ridiculous.
Liquid Dreams, my Liquid Dreams
Waterfalls and streams, these liquid dreams
- Two. Ridin' My Pony by Ginuwine, oh this song. Ginuwine, you dog, you. If you have heard this, you'll know why this is on the list. Yep.
Ride it, My Pony
My saddle's waiting
Come and jump on it
- Three. Get Down by B-44, just wow. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person in the world who even remembers this song. I don't know how this was allowed to be on the radio. Do yourself a favor and Youtube this gem.
If you get down on me, I'll get down on you.
I will do anything that you want me to.
It's a game of give and take to make it through.
So if you get down on me, I'll get down on you tonight.
Look at those frosted tips.
- Four. Butterfly by Crazytown. Okay, so I had no idea what this song was about until 5 years after it was popular. Yeah, I know...
You're my butterfly, Sugar baby
Come my lady - you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake, you make me go crazy
- Five. Faded by Soul Decision, mmmhmm. I loved this song. It was so happy, upbeat, and the exact amount of 'pop' that little girls wanted to hear. I thought the lead singer was soooo hot. Did I really just say that? Oops...
Kind of faded but I'm feeling alright
Thinkin' about making my move tonight
I can't pretend that you're only my friend
When you're holdin' my body tight
Thong Song - Sisqo
It Wasn't Me - Shaggy
We Fit Together - O-Town
If Ya Gettin' Down - 5ive
No Means No - Ricky J
Don't Stop - No Authority
1,2,3,4 - Coolio
Seriously, if you had previously forgotten about any of these gems - you're welcome.