Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sometimes Hump Days Are Awkward


Yesterday was a randomly random day.

You know those days where sometimes you just can't get anything right? Yeah, that was my hump day. Don't worry, I'm not the type of person who likes to complain about silly little things... so this isn't a post full of complaints.
Just some random things that happened yesterday that I felt like sharing.

Yesterday morning I went to the cafe that I used to go to every day, and have avoided for the past three weeks so that I don't eat or drink anything bad. When I walked in, the two guys who worked there greeted me be screaming 'OMG Faith's Hereeeeeeee' (I kid you not). After some witty banter back and forth with my two favorite cafe-guys, the owner decided to tell me that I have the most amazing nose he's ever seen. I'm sorry, what? I laughed and told him that I'd been told that I have beautiful eyes, or even nice lips... but never an amazing nose. He basically told me to never get a nose job. Good to know that I don't have to waste money on a new nose at some point in my life.

photo
Obviously this is what a perfect nose looks like, 

I like to think that I'm pretty good with computers. I don't usually make stupid mistakes, or have huge issues when 'operating' computers. Any kind of computer, any operating system... I can usually figure it out. So imagine my surprise when I messed up big time at work yesterday. I was going about my day, as normal, when I got an e-mail from a colleague in a different office. She was asking if the file was for our department. It didn't look like ours, so I contacted a colleague in another office and asked if this file was hers - she asked what was in the attachment... so I opened it. Nothing happened. So... I opened it again. Still nothing.
haha.





{ Source }

This is when something clicked in my brain... this wasn't right. I called one of the guys in our IT department and he looked at my computer just as the fun little Virus Alert popped up and told me that I had TWO viruses. Good times. IT came downstairs and took my computer away and left me with a temporary replacement until they get my computer wiped clean and re-build it from scratch. I can't even tell you how much of an idiot I felt like. Ooooops.
The really annoying part was that I had a ton of work to do, and couldn't even do a lot of it because I didn't have access from my temporary computer.


{ Source }


I ended this fabulously random day by uploading a new profile picture to Facebook. For some reason, I decided to tag myself... but instead of tagging myself I accidentally tagged an estranged family member (who until my grandmother passed away a year ago, I hadn't seen since I was 5 years old). Awkwaaaaaard. I immediately deleted the picture all together and then uploaded it again. Smooth, Faith. Really smooth.


{ Source }


I'm pretty sure that this is an accurate GIF of my reaction to tagging said family member. Oh well, life goes on. Someone else please tell me that they have these kinds of days. This is a daily weekly occurance for me.


3 comments:

Kate Mitchell said...

I've done something similar to the tagging picture thing. One of the girls who lived on my hall my freshmen year of college had the same exact name as my sister (first and last), so I accidentally tagged pictures of my sister as this other girl. All. The. Time. Especially because it wasn't until 2ish years ago that Facebook showed you your friend's picture when you tagged them so you could confirm it. LOTS of mistakes in the meantime!

Enjoy the downhill slide of your week!

Kate
katethealmostgreat.blogspot.com

Jay T said...

On more than one occasion I've looked at my ex-boyfriend's facebook page and accidentally clicked "ADD AS FRIEND." It was completely mortifying and I cancelled the request, but Facebook still notified him. I wanted to crawl in a hole.

Kelly said...

This post made me laugh out loud, thank you, I needed that! I found your blog through the I Wore Yoga Pants giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes