Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ever feel like a Grandma?


Warning: Today's post will be another one straight from the hot-mess express like yesterday's post about guacamole.

Do you every feel like an old person? Like, a grandma? No? Just me... Okay cool.



Today, I'm feeling like a massive grandma. Why, you ask? Because I was out past my bedtime last night. I'd like to laugh and tell you that this is a joke, but no... I went to see Mac Miller last night (and he put on an amazing show by the way). But this morning I am feeling like an 80-year old woman... Because I only got about 3-4 hours of sleep.

Last night when I was heading home from work, I was already thinking about the fact that I would be out past my bedtime, and already planned on going home to take a nap, see? I even mentioned it to my friends...



I know that I'm currently on a 90-day challenge, and I'm not supposed to be drinking, but I'm going to be honest with y'all for a minute... Sometimes rules were meant to be broken. I started last night off with a shot of tequila before I started drinking beer... because that's how I roll. Also, I feel like concerts are the perfect occasion to cheat and drink... Also, my saving grace is that I'm still aboard the 'no hangover' bus, so hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon EVER.



But, moving on... Do you ever just feel like you woke up one day feeling a lot older than the day before? Like, I'm pretty certain that I used to be fun... but I have no idea when I switched from fun to grandma? Clearly it was when I turned 25. I've been having a lot late nights lately and it got me thinking - am I alone in this? Do other people feel the same way the next day? Do other people turn down plans because they know they'll be too tired in the morning? Do other people debate cancelling plans because of how late they'll be out?
SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. I'd really appreciate that.

Sorry for the rambling... I was planning on doing a nice and well written post about health and fitness - but like I said, grandma faith over here cannot handle that today. Grandma faith would actually like to crawl back into bed right now. Yeah, that would be great.. But, instead, I need to go get my work on for 8 hours and then attempt a work-out. Guess who is quitting her 'no caffeine' rule today as well? Ha, I'm full of rule breaking this week and I don't hate it.


Amanda and I just before Mac came on stage.

10 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

girlfriend, i'm turning 38 this year and i've felt like a grandma for years. this body can't do the stuff it used to and if i drink a little too much? HANGOVER FOR THREE DAYS! and if i get a call and we're meeting for drinks at 930pm? i say no thanks and then i'm in bed ASLEEP by 930pm.

here's to our senior citizen years LOL

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Morgan Sparks said...

You sound like me. I'm such a grandma. I only stay out past my bedtime on a week night when it is something REALLY special. And I'm always worthless the next day. This girl needs her 8 hours of sleep every night.

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Omg I would feel the same way running on 3-4 hours sleep. This grandma needs almost 8 hrs to feel like a human again.. especially after a night of drinking! But I'm sure it was all worth it though ;-)

Carolyn said...

TOTAL GRANDMA STATUS over here. 24 going on 64, I tell ya. I try to only make plans 1 weeknight/week, because this granny likes to be at home, lounging, by 7pm.

And on the weekends? Rare is the night that I want to go out until 4am (22 year old Carolyn is scoffing at this). Instead, I'm more than happy to be home by 1am (if I go out at all) so I can catch an episode or two of Lockup before I go to bed. How am I single?!?!

Helene in Between said...

ugh waking up early after 3-4 hours of sleep would make anyone feel old. that already makes me feel tired.

Anonymous said...

I really loved your snappychat last night. Hope you had fun pretty lady!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Ugh. Yes. Got my annual bloodwork done yesterday and my cholesterol was up. You know who worries about cholesterol? OLD PEOPLE!

Amanda said...

You are not alone!! I was out until 10:15 last weekend and it almost killed me. Grandma needs 8 hours, minimum. I try to be in bed before 10 during the week and my friends keep saying, "Why didn't you text me back last night [at 9:45]?" Well, this old lady was asleep :)

Whit said...

I totally do that! Just last night we were over at some friends and faked work in the morning because we couldn't handle any fun past midnight. I'm a grandma too :(
New follower - Whit from Raspy Wit

Vicki said...

I feel like a grandma ALL the time!!