Friday, January 18, 2013

25 Before I'm 25

After my last birthday (October 1st), I realized that I had one year left until I was 25. Twenty-five. I know that isn't an 'old' age, but I feel as though it's pretty significant. I'll be a quarter of a century old! Whoa.

Anyway, I decided to create a list of 25 things to do before I'm 25. Some things were big, some were small - but I honestly think that all of the items are do-able. I'm not huge on making lists public, so I won't be posting those 25 things here today, but I've decided that as I check items off my list, I'm going to make a blog post about what I've completed.

So far I've only checked off one thing - but it's one of my most exciting/fun items:

Take dad on a helicopter ride

This is something that my dad has literally wanted to do, his entire life. Last summer, Amanda and I were fortunate enough to go on a quick helicopter ride around Vancouver and it was absolutely amazing. I promised myself that the next time my dad came out to Vancouver for business, I would find a way to get him up in a helicopter. Low and behold, dad found out that he got to have one last business trip (last of his career - since he's now retired) to Vancouver in November - so Amanda and I started planning this trip.

Luckily, the Friday that he was here, I was able to take a vacation day and this is when we made it happen. I convinced dad to postpone his flight one extra day and I told him I just wanted to have a nice day with him before he headed back to Halifax.

So, I picked him up first thing in the morning, went for breakfast and then we headed to the helipad downtown. Once dad realized what was happening, he started freaking out. I honestly don't think that I've ever seen my dad so excited about anything in my entire life. Seriously.

Unlike the little 'trip around Vancouver' flight that Amanda and I did, Dad and I went to Victoria and back. We had the most gorgeous, uncharacteristically beautiful, Vancouver day. We landed in Victoria, where Dad had never been, walked around downtown and hung out for a couple of hours, and then hopped on another helicopter to head back to Vancouver.

It seriously was one of the most amazing days I've ever had. I love my dad and I miss being able to see him (and my mom) every day, but I feel so fortunate that I got to share this and have this moment with him. Here are a few pictures that I took that day:


Our helicopter


Look at how excited he is!!






Downtown Vancouver










The gorgeous Empress hotel in downtown Victoria.

So there we have it, the first thing off my 25 Before 25 List: Take Dad on a helicopter ride.

Have a great weekend everyone - see you Monday!

1 comment:

Brittanylea02 said...

That is awesome! I think I would have a mild heart attack doing that but would love it! You're such a good little daughter Faithy :) xo