Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How to get asked out by a random stranger


In Vancouver, people don't usually tend to talk to strangers. It's weird.
This city is full of 'cliques' and it's a really hard city to make friends in, and it's an even harder city to meet a potential "man friend" in. No lie. Amanda and I always talk about how no random guy will EVER approach a girl in this city and just ask her out. It just simply doesn't happen. Well I guess I can officially say that this statement is no longer true... because yesterday, I was asked out by a total stranger.

While I was waiting for the bus to head home after work yesterday, I stood next to a homeless man - who was digging through the garbage bin trying to find bottles and cans. For some reason, I honestly have no idea why - he yelled at me, and a few of the other people standing near me at the stop. He grumbled something under his breath and continued digging. Rude.
About 2 minutes later he smiles at me - then, while he continues to dig for bottles, asks me out. I politely decline and turn up my music on my iPhone so I can attempt to be done with this conversation. Awkwaaaard.


I couldn't get a picture of him, but here's his bag of bottles that I 'watched' while he ran across the street to check another garbage bin.


A bus comes by, and the gentleman attempts to get on for free - the bus driver closes the door and says no, and the man kicks the bus. Gosh, he's such a catch. At this point, I decided to text one of my friends to tell him about what was going on, and instead of the sympathy that I was hoping for - I got laughed at. Awesome.



Eventually, the man boarded a bus, and I tried to creep a picture (unsuccessfully), but here's the picture I did get:


#busselfie ?

That's all I've got to say about THAT. Still single. Forever.

6 comments:

Jay T said...

WHY didn't we hear about this???

I love that you tried to take a picture of him. THE BEST.

Sam said...

LOL angry homeless men are the worst!

Meredith @ It Needs More Sprinkles said...

At first, I got really excited for you after reading the title of your post...

...and then I instantly felt bad for laughing because it was a homeless man.

No worries, girl. We's gon' find you a man. And yes, I just wrote that in my gangsta text. Don't you fret. It'll happen. :)

Elle Vee said...

Hahahahaha that's golden

The Life You Love said...

Hahahaahahahahahahaha your life... I just can't imagine this happening to anyone else.

shannon said...

i think you guys could have really been in it for the long haul. way to F that up.