Friday, June 27, 2014

the happiest of hours


This is probably going to be shocking to most people, but until last week, Happy Hour was not a thing in Vancouver. Due to the strict liquor laws - bars and restaurants weren't allowed to sell spirits and beer for cheap prices to 'entice' people to drink so there were no happy hours in existence... it was sad. But... BUT BUT BUT (I like big butts and I cannot lie), that law changed this past week, and now we can have Happy Hour.



During my little stroll at lunch yesterday, I discovered that the bar next to my work had officially started their happy hour promotions...

I texted Amanda and told her how cheap the liquor was, and we then proceeded to cancel our meetings that we had scheduled for after work (because we're such adults) and hit the bar to have many a few drinks. I'm not going to sit here and share inappropriate drinking stories since my family reads my blog from time to time (Hi Peter DAD), but just know that it was basically the happiest of all the hours. Also, vodka for $3 will win my heart over every time.



It's Friday, and I'm off early today with a long weekend in my immediate future and I cannot wait to have a few relaxing days with Justin to have a mini 'staycation'. I legitimately plan on staying in my house all day Sunday and not leaving... Because sleep, and Sons of Anarchy are calling my name. Also, I just really really really want to be lazy for once.

Have a joyous weekend everyone, and if you're Canadian... Happy Canada Day on Tuesday!

Linking up with this little pretty since I'm actually blogging on a Friday, for once.

Monster (feat. JAY Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver) by Kanye West on Grooveshark





7 comments:

Jay T said...

I NEED TO EXPERIENCE THIS HAPPY HOUR. Peter can come too.

Jackie @ Our Nashville Life said...

But, I won't even drink if it's not happy hour. Would they try to do other things like do happy hour appetizer or food products instead of lowering the cost of liquor?

<3 Jackie
http://ournashvillelife.com

Sarah said...

Alcohol taste so much better when it's happy hour. It's like shopping. So much more rewarding when you know you're getting a steal. Also, I'm dying at Juliette inviting your dad for happy hour drinks!

Allie said...

Just another reason why Canadia is weird. JK I'm glad you can have happy hours now.

Becca said...

I actually don't know that I've ever participated in happy hour. From what I understand, it's actually a big pain in the butt to get approval for them around here.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so exciting that the liquor laws have FINALLY changed here?? Saying hello from Whistler!

Sami said...

I hope the person that decided to ban happy hours got kicked out of CANADIA.